Monday, February 4, 2013

Unrealistic Expectation


They tie up heavy loads and put them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.  Matthew 23:4

After helping me give up my civilian rights for service of a solider, God revealed clarity to the attitude I had.  I had unexpected expectation for my free time in December.  I had three major events to plan and several to attend.  I wanted to keep our traditions right?  I wanted to make it another perfect Christmas for Kat.  All this was wrong thinking.

What I needed to do and what I wanted to do wouldn’t be finished if I have three months to get it done.  I had to let go and lighten up.  I did so at first with a bad attitude.  I prayed up on Kat’s birthday part so and thankfully how well that went.

With this revelation, God enabled me to let go of a lot of my projects.  He even moved me to a point to drop several of these projects completely, not just postpone them.  Most of these projects were crafty things or handmade Christmas gifts.  I mean really, December is not a time to do these things – yet it was my only free time in nine months, so I grasped for the wrong thing.

God moved my mind back to simplify.  I want to simplify, not add to the things I do.  If I fill my time with my things, I leave no room to do the things God has for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...