Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Compartmentalize?


Continuing with my sin of pride.  I focused on my health and my plan to get healthier.  I made it more a priority than spending time with God.  It filled me thoughts.

Hebrew 12:2a: Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus.

I made this simple plan, with my knee and hip issues in mind, to improve my health.  Then my mind was distracted by a few aspects of that.  The distractions opened the door for more distractions.  Needless to say, I was not doing Hebrews 12:2!

As I posted here, I was getting ready to beg for a big dose of grace to be heaped on my plan when God changed my focus. 

But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and the desires of the flesh(of human nature without God.) Galatians 5:16

It comes down to if its God’s will, He will enable me.  Only in seeking Him that I can resists the desires of the flesh.  I was excluding God from these areas of my life (my pride said I could do it my way and on my own).  My pastor recently called it compartmentalizing your life.  My health was something I said I wanted to improve me for God.  I introspectively decided it needed fixed.  I didn’t feel conviction to do all my plans.  I allowed the distractions make it about me.  I wasn’t seeing how it all tied together, since in my head it was one of many things.  If the heart in involved, than all things are tied together (btw, all things are a heart thing). 

Fortunately God opened my eyes to see how it is all connected when He revealed how my pride caused the issues sin I struggled with.  What had God convicted me to do?  As I search my heart, I know it is to exercise and gain strength.  I am to avoid sweets and too much sugar.  I am to eat enough food to feed me, no excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...