Friday, February 15, 2013

How I spent My Valentine

I hope everyone enjoyed Valentine's day.  My day was full.  It started with a job interview - I haven't been on one of those in years.  I'm still up in the air about taking the position, even if it's offered to me.  I know God will guide me.

Then I dropped off a gift to a precious little girl who has been through a lot this week, more than any little girl should go through.  I had a wonderful time with her mother and was able to encourage her as well.  God put this little girl in my heart a few years ago and she never left.  I'm glad I could bring her some joy this week.

That followed up with a wonderful party at Kat's school.  We made candy airplanes and played games.

Kat picked out a movie to watch for our evening.  Her choice?  A movie full of love and learning to love - Bolt.  Yes the Disney classic (or will be one day).  It's been a favorite ever since we braved the roads the day after Christmas many years ago to see it in the theater.

Bolt love Penny, will die to protect her.  He learns to love others and love who he really is.  Mittens has been abandon and abused, her heart is harden.  Her encounter with Bolt softens her heart to love again.  And Rhino is willing to leave everything he knows behind for the love and presence of his hero.  With classic line like "You shouldn't jump out of trucks doing 80 down the interstate." "Oh the irony."  "There's only enough room for one lunatic on this trip."  It cracks me up every time.

Oh, and did I mention that we have Kat a life size Bolt stuffed dog as a gift for Valentine's?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...