Monday, February 11, 2013

Minimalist

For most of my life, clutter has come close to suffocating me.  While I'm in this frame of mind, I want to remind myself that I desire a minimalistic home.  I shouldn't desire to do craft projects that create things that collect dust and take up space - mainly craft space waiting for me to get around to doing the project.  Yes, Pinterest can be dangerous for someone who likes to do projects.  I desired to make several thing over break in December.  It was one of my frustrations since I had other things to do in that time.  Thankfully I was obedient to do what I needed to do, however, as I shared I didn't totally have the best attitude.  And another shout out for the attitude adjustment I received from my Father.

I wanted to create!!  There was so many wonderful things to do that would dress up my house.  Then the dust collector thought breezed through.  Do I really want more things sitting around for me to clean?  Uh, no.  I struggle at time to keep clean the bare minimum, I do not need to add to it.

I did make a one project times 3 with Kat.  We made the below painting as Christmas gifts for both Grandmas and Daddy. 

Life Principles: Minimize the things in my home.  Go through the house - what can I let go of?  What is no longer loved or useful?  Don't get caught up acquiring/creating things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...