Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Letting Go

 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  Matthew 6:21

As a follow up to the schedule, release.  It was simple thoughts.  We had issues that made me think about how I would feel is we needed to move?  We've done a lot of remodeling in our home to make it our home.  We love where it's located.  Would I be willing to give it up?

Am I really that attached to here?  Am I attached to what I want - how I want to spend my time?  What I do over the next year?  How my functional my body is?  Do these thing really matter?

In light of eternity?  No, these things do not matter.  It was in this that God reminding me of many of the principles I written about.  How I need to be attached to Heavenly things, to be more concerned about my obedience to God than how my life is pleasing me.

My treasure is God.  He is my reward.  Letting go of attachment to things is a big breakthrough.  It's been years of progress God has chipped away from me.  In letting go of things I kept 'just in case'.  It has enabled me to simplify my house.  It has allowed me to pass up on that sale.  It has opened up contentment, for I have my hearts desire.

I know I'm not perfect in this.  I'll need to be alert to attachments.

Principles:  Where is my treasure?  What am I attached to?  I am willing to let go of anything that stands in my way of God and obedience to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...