Friday, February 8, 2013

Tossing and Turning

Perhaps it was the excitement of evening, perhaps it was the extra caffeine that I consumed that day, whatever the reason sleep hadn't came.  I rolled over, adjusted my pants, tucked in the covers, untwisted my shirt, tucked in the covers.  Moved the cover over my head and tucked it in again.  Move my legs up, slipped off my socks and tucked in the covers again.  Finally, all set, but I wasn't comfortable.  Ugh.

My mind went over posts I wanted to write.  The book I read that day.  I wanted to get up a do something, however I needed every ounce of rest the came my way, so I stayed put, tossing and turning.

I thought about when I make my own plans, I try and try.  I rearrange, adjust, pray for God's blessing on my plans.  However in the end, I'm not comfortable, since it isn't God's plan.  It reminds me of Jesus on the boat.

35 That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side.” 36 Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along, just as he was, in the boat. There were also other boats with him. 37 A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. 38 Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?”
39 He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.
40 He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?”  Mark 4:35-40

I can only have peace when I'm trusting God.  Even if it looks like a scary place to be, if He has called me to it, then it's the best, safest, peaceful place for me.  He will quiet all storms around me, He just asks that I put my faith in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...