Monday, March 12, 2012

MV 3-12 Isaiah 58:10

After reading Isaiah 58 starting at verse 6 (for before this God is speaking how the Israelis thought they were pleasing God, but only themselves), I could only sit back and find peace in knowing this spoke of my future.  


and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
   and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
   and your night will become like the noonday. 

                                                Isaiah 58:10


This verse says what I am to do for my Lord.  I'm coming into full understanding of what that is and what I need to do to be fully trained to do it.


Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
   and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
   and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. 

                                              Isaiah 58:8

This is a verse for when you are down.  How fast will healing occur when I look at my situation from God's view.  What was the reason for my circumstance?  Is it an answered prayer, just not in the way I would have done it?  Like asking for a quick adjustment to time change and then only sleeping a few hours.  Well, yes I would like more sleep, for I know I need it.  However, I will be tired early tonight and I will sleep soundly, waking on the morrow adjusted.

The last two lines are beautiful.  There's a footnote, a different interpretation for righteousness.  

then your righteous One will go before you,
   and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. 



Who is my righteous One - Jesus.  He lead the way for me.  He is also my Lord, who guards my rear.  He is before me and behind me.  He is taking every step with me.  He is guiding me, waiting patiently when I try my own steps only to return to Him.


So my light, the light of my Lord, Jesus will shine out.  Glory will be His!  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...