Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Domestic Support - tips


If you’re living in clutter and want to make a change, that’s the first step to making that change, so congratulations!

One of my biggest advice is to observe other’s in their home when you visit.  And if you’re house is cluttered, then I know that you visit other people’s homes, LOL.  Even on TV, look for how things get done.

For me, I noticed my sister-in-law, who is a clean fanatic, starts her dish water while she prepares dinner.  This allows her to use her wait for it to cook time to clean any dishes used while making dinner and it’s easy to take the dishes from dinner to the sink and finish the job after dinner.

Get in your mind the laundry isn’t finished until put away.

That each time I go out my back door, I need to have a recycle pile in my hand to put it in the bin.

On TV I watched Walton’s mom clean her kitchen.  Counters are cleared after each meal.  All things are put away so that she can do her work effectively.

Get the idea?  I mentioned Fly Lady before, which is a good place to start.  However I found that I had a tendency to waste time on the emails instead of spending the time doing it.  It was a great tool to get started with when you don’t know where to go.  I use many of her time management principles and how she breaks down a large task to manageable smaller tasks.

I took from Fly Lady having wipes in the bathroom to do a quick polish.  I might not do it daily, but the wipes are available when it needs done (at least once a week). 

Bottom line is that you need to figure out what works for you.  Start on one point and you’ll find you’re freed from the bondage of junk.  I find it difficult to ignore what needs done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...