Thursday, August 30, 2012

In the Shadow

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings Psalm 17:8

Watering over the summer, with the drought in our area, it was often.  The Spirit breezed in.


In this photo, the plant grew tall.  Look where it grew, in the shadow of the wall.  This wall blocked it from the harshness of the sun, helped retain the water.  Overall it had protection.




This photo is a plant that grew a few feet away in the harsh sun.  It grew, but at a fraction of the growth.  It was watered the same amount, but without protection.  The sun dried the water to fast, the weeds thrived in this area too.







Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.  John 7:37b

When I live in the shadow of the cross, Jesus satisfies my thirst.  He fills me up.  He enables me to grow and flourish.  Despite harsh circumstances and high heat of the environment, I am protected.

Out on my own, I have faith, but I am doing things my own way.  I grow, but slow, fighting weeds and the harshness of the world on my own.

In the shadow of the cross is the only place to live.  It is the only place I can be all He plans for me to be, all He sees when He looks at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...