Tuesday, August 21, 2012

TLT answer

I'm sharing a answer to The Lord's Table Bible study I'm doing.  Sorry for the randomness of it, but I think it says a lot.

When I am controlled by my sin, when it dictates my actions.  It wants fed.  It wants plugged into this world.  Currently, my flesh wants something - secular music, yuck stories, chocolate, alcohol.  Something, just something.  I keep turning my head and thoughts to God.  I recognize it as distraction.  I'm on the verge of growth, break through.  Even the temptation to be impatient.  If I did this, then this would happen sooner.  Yet is faster better?  Will it get me to where God is calling?  Yes, but is it how God called me?  No.  There's so much value in the journey.  In having the patience to prove my faithfulness.  I have to be in God's presence to make the desires of the flesh die.  Only time with Him will make it happen. Only time in His word, allowing it to change me, will I be prosperous and successful.  Not by the world's standards, but by God's standard.

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Joshua 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...