Thursday, August 16, 2012

Accountability Partner


It is advised that everyone has an accountability partner.  Someone who you report your progress to – be it for weight loss, exercise, daily Bible study….and aught.  I want to tell you about my accountability partner.

He is my  best friend.  I am so blessed to have him in my life.  Always by my side, he gently calls me out when I’m tempted to go my way instead of God’s way.  He also quietly waits when I do choose to go my own way, and reminds me to turn back. 

He keeps high standards and urges me on to those standards as well.  He is willing to help me do all it takes to live up to God’s standards.  When I’m lost on which way to go, he speaks truth to me and directs me.  He always upholds God word.

Yes, he’s the best accountability partner.  Guess what, He can be yours too.  Jesus is willing to be your partner in life, your best friend.  He wants what is best for you and wants you to choose the ways of His Father.  He is always there, showing His love, love demonstrated on the cross, love that has the power to transform you, make you holy.

3 comments:

  1. AJ...I think you must have been inspired to write this just for me!!! I have been so concerned about my accountability partner and fear she has decided to go her own way.

    I've been thinking about this all day today and have been so touched by your post. It was just what I needed to hear.

    Be blessed AJ...you are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words. I'm glad I helped you. People often don't do what we need, but God always does. I had issues in sharing my weight loss with others. So I made Jesus and my husband to a lesser extent my partner.

      Not long ago I was reminded of this. A sermon on how our society is being accountable to themselves, not God. It was a great reminder that I am accountable, I need to be held to a higher standard than my own opinion.

      I'm here for you as someone who walked down the road your walking. I may be a few steps ahead of you, but not so far that you can't see me on the trail.

      Delete
  2. Thanks AJ...it's nice to know we have the same beliefs and ideas. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...