Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Teach Me Luke - 8

I have participated in the Luke study put on by Good Morning Girls.  I decided to go ahead a use some of the lessons here.



Read Luke 4:1-13, SOAP 4:4, 8, 12
Jesus' fast and temptation - He knew how to handle it well! 3 types: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (1 John 2:16) - can you pick out which temptation is which root sin? Extra credit is to read Genesis 3 and pick out the temptation that lured Eve to sin.
What I loved about today's SOAP is Jesus had the armor of God on (Ephesians 6). He wielded the sword, our only offensive weapon is the WORD, at Satan every time he attacked. My A was: Am I in the word enough, know it enough to be able to wield it when I am tempted? What changes do I need to make to Bible time the must have, base of my schedule and put everything else around it - not the other way around? I'm heading the right direction and GMG study is helping me get there.

In studying Genesis 22, I just had to share part of the lecture on temptation and test. First, God does not tempt us (James 1:13). Temptation seeks your failure, to have you succumb to the lure of sin. Second, God does test us to prove your faith (1 Peter 1:7). Testing seeks your success, grows your faith, proves your reliance on God to persevere and to have an opportunity to bear good fruit. We can fail on both points on our own. With God's grace, we continue on until we reach maturity in Christ. I just love how God worked these two studies together today. It's all part of His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...