Monday, April 15, 2013

Teach Me Luke 1

I have participated in the Luke study put on by Good Morning Girls.  I decided to go ahead a use some of the lessons here. 

Read Luke 1:26-38, SOAP 1:37-38
Observation -The angel predicts Jesus' kingdom, how great and wonderful He will be, yet does not mention the way in which He will achieve it. Why it led into the thought He would be an earthly king as His brothers (and many others) expected in the first advent. Mary hears the impossible, the declaration of God's possibilities. She didn't ask about what would happen to her, she just agreed with what was told her. 

Application - Keep my eyes focused on Jesus, as He sits on the throne in heaven and my heart. I look forward to the day when I am in His presence while I am in His presence here. Keep the perspective on trial "in light of eternity". Does whatever really matter? To be open to the impossibilities of God, expect His possibilities and agree as Mary - I am your servant, May it be as you have said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...