Thursday, July 12, 2012

Who began will Finish


 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:6

Once you accept Jesus in your heart, you are His.  He will never abandon you.  He will never leave you.  He is a gentleman, so if you choose not to follow His ways, be in His blessings, He will allow you to do that.  But you are always His.  When you seek Him, He will gently work to make you Holy.  If you feel you are treated roughly, that is our enemy who does not want you to change from worldly ways.  He makes you doubt.  He makes you think God doesn’t care for you, that no one cares for you.  But take heart.  God is gentle, loving, kind, faithful, merciful and graceful.  He will give you all that you need.  He loves you.

Other verses that speak of God's love for you:

  • Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies (Psalm 36:5).
  • How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings (Psalm 36:7).
  • Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love (Psalm 48:9).
  • But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever (Psalm 52:8).
  • But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness (Psalm 86:15).
  • Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever (Psalm 136:26).
  • "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).
  • The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness" (Jeremiah 31:3).
  • The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing" (Zephaniah 3:17).
  • For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).
  • Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends John 15:13).
  • As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love (John 15:9).


The series this week I wrote to someone who has a lot of junk in her head and recently returned to God after a long time going her own way.  I love this person dearly.  I hope I do justice by her with God's truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...