Thursday, July 19, 2012

Follow Daniel

I go back and forth on not eating meat.  At times I'm totally grossed out by meat.  Other times it doesn't bother me.  I don't get it.  (I mean meat as something that was living and now is not, not beef).  


Recently our church discussed the use of fasting to draw closer to God.  With my hypoglycemia, I'm not ready to do a full fledged fast.  I do think a time spent following Daniel fast is feasible.  I go back and forth on what is "right".  I know ultimately it's about freeing up time to spend with God, to be in His word, to pray, to listen. 


I wasn't sure I would do a Daniel fast.  Then I noticed last week I hadn't had meat all day.  So that has progressed to several days.  I will admit that I haven't really looked up what everyone calls a Daniel fast.  I even saw a web page the list foods that were OK.  No, I'll just skip the meat for now and call me happy. 


One thing I love is cucumber and avocado wraps.  I sprinkle a little salt and white wine vinegar on top.  The protein in the avocado keeps me full. 


My body is adjusting, so I feel hungry more often.  I use that reminder to pray and praise God for what He is and will do in my life.

I am more aware of what I'm eating, how much and protein combos.  Checking off my fruits and veggies before extra carbs.  Before tea, I need three mugs (18 oz. each) of water.  That doesn't include my cup of caffeine first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...