Sunday, May 26, 2013

Summer Fun

God has called me to lead a Bible Study in my home for my daughter and her friends.  My goal is to instill a thorough knowledge of love and what that will look like when acted out in daily life.

So 1 Corinthians 13 here we come.  It is a Treasure Island theme.  I'll have crafts to go along as well, which will include a palm tree with what love is written on the leaves and treasure boxes.  I'm also researching some nature skills that is appropriate for a 8 year old to know.  That means we'll skip the fire starters.  Initial skills is to identify some trees.  Perhaps some herbs.  And around my house we have a lot of examples of poison ivy and oak.  As a side not, I'm note allergic to poison ivy, but poison oak is the worst.

I'm really looking forward to breaking down scripture and interacting with the girls to see what it really means to leave that out.  I know I have a lot to learn right along with them.  I've felt this tug over the summer before to reach out, however I always allowed my selfish side to kick in and say summer is for me and my girl.  I know it will be a lot of work, but it will be so worth it! 

I'll post more when I get it all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...