Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Proverbs 10:8

Proverbs 10:8
A wise heart accepts commands but a chattering fool comes to ruin.  

Part B is repeated in verse 10.  It is all about what comes out of the mouth (which comes from the heart).  If I'm interested only in speaking, I run out of things to talk about, I move onto other people - as in gossip, not excluding a busybody.  Chattering indicates nothing useful, just sound.  What can turn me wise?  By shutting my mouth and accepting the commands given to me by my Father!


Proverbs 10:9
The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes a crooked path will be found out.

integrity:  the quality or state of being complete or undivided (www.m-w.com)

 One thing I've learned through my BSF studies is the importance of integrity and how God desires that from His people, how He is (faithful).  Integrity means no compromise, being faithful, tempered, dedicated to God's decrees wholly.  A person with integrity goes the extra mile out of love and finishes all things with excellence.  My goal in life is to finish with excellence bringing God glory each day, in that I am securely in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...