Thursday, January 17, 2013

Peace from Obedience


“If you love me, you will obey what I command.  John 14:15

In obedience I have the peace of Jesus.  From Thanksgiving until Christmas, I slowly gave into more and more sweets.  As you know I was called to give up the sweets.  Yet that part of me that was rebelling screamed for me. 

Fortunately, I could not bear to eat a lot of really sweet things.  Also, I did not indulge nearly as much as I had in the past.  However, it became a disobedience act [SIN], not a special occasion. 

Needless to say my waistline showed the results.  I had already fluffed up do to limitation on exercise my hip caused, now the extra cookie here and there were adding up. 

During the week leading up to Christmas, I decided that I was indulging to much, only to find my hand in the cookie jar!  When I prayed for God to help me come back in line with what He asked me to do, was I enabled to keep my hand out of the jar.

It was also in this prayer that many of these Life Principles came.  He spurred a desire to write down and organize these principles so that I could review, remind and hold on to the great things He has personally reveal to me and how He wants me to live.

Life Principle:  I enjoy the peace that comes from God enabled obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...