Monday, January 28, 2013

Do Not Live By Feelings


 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

I’ve been aware of my feelings of late.  There are times when I am anxious, but peaceful.  Depressed, but full of hope.  Sad, but joyful.  Fearful, but bold.  I recognized these are feelings, yet they are not the state in which I am resting. 

Feelings are temporary.  They are often in response to circumstance of right now.  A big event about to take place.  A disappointment over something not going my way.  All temporary.  I am learning that feelings do not dictate who I am or how I respond.  God calls me to respond with other’s well-being in mind, not my selfish agenda that my feelings would like me to execute. 

I praise God for showing me that I do ‘feel’ something, yet my inner being is at peace.  I continue to have a thankful heart.  I continue to look at Him and trust Him for whatever the emotion is about.

Life Principle:  I live by God’s Word.  My feelings do not dictate who I am and what I am to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...