Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another Note on Feelings


My previous post could have sounded a bit like I was above my feelings.  I am on some points, however, I am still female, full of hormones, still human, subject to physical conditions (like lack of sleep or pain).   

Feelings can sneak in.  They can grow so gradually that you don’t know they’re are there until one day you bark a innocent bystander into a corner to give you your way.

I’m learning that to walk closer with God, I need to be in tune with the Holy Spirit – which takes practice and Bible study (pray for this if you don’t have it and then be willing to start).  The Holy Spirit is there to convict me when my feelings get out of hand and cause me to sin.  Remember, it isn’t the feelings that are wrong – it is the sin that often accompanies the sin.

In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. Selah  Psalm 4:4

When a feeling is overwhelming and just not going away or it pops into my head and I know it’s wrong (such as feeling slighted), I take it to God.  I search His word for the correct thoughts and what He says about how I feel.  The sermon on the mount usually humbles me into right thinking.  I keep at it until joy returns to me.  Feelings are just another thing to humble me, keeps me on my knees to seek my God.  For that, I am thankful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...