Thursday, February 16, 2012

Training 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.1 Corinthians 9:24-27

This passage presented to me recently.  I like the thought of training.  As in I'm training my body so that I can endure physical strain if ever I'm called to physical service for my God.  Yet, this time it went deeper.  Someone shared how she had her priorities all wrong.  How not long ago she had very little time for God, let alone her family.  Then she turned to God and allowed Him to set her priorities.  She changed jobs, spent hours, not just a little, with God.  

Priorities is what I'm working on.  What a weight lifted when I allowed God to direct what I do with my time.  He ordains what is most beneficial.  It's a daily choice I have to make.  Sometimes I don't do this well, yet I strive, I try to listen to the Holy Spirit.  

Bringing together how I spend my time, I want to submerse myself in God, to dwell in His word, to pray, to rejoice and allow Him to make me over anew.  I will go into training.  The slogan to my Bible Study is a time of preparation for a lifetime of ministry.  I want to train.  I want to submerse myself in God's word.  To spend time with Him like I've never done before.  I really know Him, to know His way, to learn from Him on how He planned for me to live my life.  Praise Him, He is good!

Oh, Father, you showed me my time and how I am using it.  Oh how You continue to prepare my heart!  I am happy and joyful for Your full revelation.  What I planned is not what You planned.  You did not reveal Your full plan to me, for perhaps I would have said no.  I can now take full advantage of Your plan.  I will do as You ask and enable.  I will shift from where I am to where You want me to be.  

In my arrogence, I thought I knew best.  I judged my way by my standards.  You revealed Your standards to me.  Father, your was is the best.  Allow me to let my way and my knowledge go.  Help me to fully embrace you.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...