Monday, February 13, 2012

Playlist

Lies or Truth?

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
And the voice of truth says "Do not be afraid!"
And the voice of truth says "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth


This song is on my workout playlist.  It's has a slower beat in which I do my warm-up stretches and crunches.  I just love it.

How many times in the Bible does God tell His people "Do not be afraid."?  We'll leave it at a lot.  He tells us not to be afraid.  

The lies in my head says to be very afraid.  Don't write that, what will others think?  Don't speak that, how will others react?  Don't put in the effort, since it won't turn out how you expected anyway.

Every lie possible to foil the truth floats around waiting for that tiny opening to go in.

Lie: Don't work out, it's pointless boring and no matter how much you do, nothing changes.
Truth: Well, things do change, just slower than they used to.  I will never be an Olympian.  I will be strong enough to endure physically.  If God called me on a mission journey right now, I am not in a position to go physically.  With training, I can get there.  He may never call me.  Either way, He is calling me to prepare today to be in good physical health.

Lie: you'll give in a eat sugar eventually, just like you'll soon give in and drink a soda.
Truth: when I stop laughing about the soda part, I say watch me.  As I posted before, I've been sugar free since Dec. 27, 2011 and soda free since Dec 7, 2004.  Yes sugar is a big deal in my life, yet God is a bigger deal.  He's calling me to health.  He's calling me not to crave some food over Him.  He's calling me not to be afraid.  And even on Valentine's day where there's cookies and CHOCOLATE, I can stay true to what God is calling me to do.

Lie: why put in the time to write a blog that no one is reading and won't ever read.
Truth: God did not call me to write for others.  He gave me this gift for me.  He knows that if I write it down, collect the thoughts in a clear order, the words will also come out of my mouth.  That is His goal for my blog.  It isn't the be the hottest blog in the world.  It isn't to be worshiped with people longing to read what I have to say.  It is about Him and how I am part of His story.  How I am His tool to work in the lives of His children.

Lie: Don't point to Jesus, no one will accept you. 
Truth: Well that could be true.  No one here in the world that is.  Someone great, Wonderful, Counselor, Father will accept me.  He calls me to obey.  It's not up to me how others react.

As for me, I chose to listen to the voice of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...