Monday, March 25, 2013

Blessed Wait


via
I read a couple things about waiting.  The points made about the benefits of waiting really struck home.  The biggest thing about waiting is how I do it.  Is it with patience and understanding or impatience and frustration?

God moves in His own time and so does the rest of the world.  With our society saying get it now, it can be hard to wait with a great attitude.  I know I've done my fair share of waiting.  God has yet to disappoint me.  It has all been for my good.

If I take shortcuts to prematurely end waiting, it can be disastrous.  Imagine if Jesus took Satan up on his offer to give Him all the kingdoms of earth if Jesus would just bow down to him?  I shudder at the thought.

Some points on waiting:
Waiting causes anticipation, heighten pleasure.  A unopened present or letter on your birthday.  Your husband planning a special date and doesn't give you the details until your on it.  Just think of how children know something is going to happen and how much they look forward to it.

Waiting gives time for action.  We got over nine months to get ready for our daughters arrival.  Waiting to hear if I got a job gave me motivation to get things done so I wouldn't have it hanging over my head (I didn't get the job).  It's as simple as putting the dishes away or sweeping the kitchen floor while I wait for the water for my tea to heat up.

Waiting and planning brings appreciation.  Planning vacation, saving up the money to go, securing all the special places I'll visit along the way.  Last year I wanted a tablet.  I waited, planned, watched for sales, held a yard sale, saved a gift card.  When I finally found what I was looking for, it cost me very little out of my budget.

Waiting can be a protection.  God's timing is perfect.  If I trudge ahead in my own time, I may find myself over my head.  Kat waiting for me to walk her across the street or through a parking lot protects her from coming cars.

Waiting with a good attitude shows my maturity.  Patience comes with its buddy self control.  If I can wait with that good attitude, it shows my faith and trust in God.  I am thankful when God says 'No, this isn't My timing.'

Having a good attitude while waiting is a supernatural gift from God.  I resist my natural response to have what I want right now.  Life Principle:  I will not forfeit the promises God has for me with the compromise of pleasure today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...