Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This is a Test...Part 2


Part 2 of this post
Test: People

I posted this before.  I have come a long way and allowed God to prune me in this. 

Isaiah 2:22 Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils.  Why hold them in esteem?

People disappoint because we look to a person to fulfill a need only God can meet.

I posted before on seeking the approval of people.  Only God can validate me and He approves of His creation!

Test: Persistence 

How many times did I promise I would give up sweets, not eat that thing, then immediately go do that.  This test is about that.

When you make a promise to God, don't delay in following through, for God takes no pleasure in fools.  Keep all the promises you make to Him.  It is better to say nothing than to make a promise and not keep it.  Ecclesiates 5:4-5 (NLT)

This is to keep at it.  To do what is right. Would you make a big business venture with someone who will quit in three weeks?  How about quit the next morning?  In fifteen minutes?  I have to draw from the Holy Spirit's power.  I can not do it on my own, yet the Holy Spirit can't do it on His own either.  I have to be willing.  This has enabled me to give up sweets.  This has enabled me to stop other habitual sins in my life.

Test: Priority

People who don't know God and the way He works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how He works.  Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions.  Don't worry about missing out.  You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.  Matthew 6:33 (Mes.)

What is my priority?  Who is first in my life?  What do I think about most?  It was ‘fix me Lord’.  God showed me how I wasn't trusting Him.  Now I'm moving towards ‘help others’ because I expect Him to do that as well as to fix me.  

Where does the first part of my money go?  Am I giving enough to God?  

What about my time?  Do I spend it on me or being a blessing to others?  I posted before on wasting time.  God has worked and is continually working on this area.  I don't always make the best choices for my time.  I try to start my day focusing my mind on God.  Just as sleep is leaving my head, I turn to Him.  I give my day to Him.  Ask Him to be with me.  To weigh on my heart what He wants me to do, to direct my tasks.  Each day is different to what is added, yet this gets me focused on my day and I know He's with me.

When I first started praying for Him to prioritize my day, it went beautifully.  I dropped things that I thought were important and did the things He said were important.  And then it happened, that dreaded moment when conviction strikes, I'm doing something I want to do and it's not what God wants.  This combines the priority test with persistence test.  Will I follow His plan or do this little thing I want to do?  

If you never felt the Holy Spirit's conviction, ask God to help you change something in your life that you know needs changed yet you see it as impossible.  That nudging inside your heart when you're doing that thing...that's the Holy Spirit.

All in all, if you are going to experience a trial, go through a test, don't you want it to be fruitful?  I do.  I've gone through the same test over and over.  I'm ready to start learning so I can move on.  I want good to come from the bad.  I want to learn what good things God has for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...