Monday, May 7, 2012

Fulfilled Needs

I was challenged by Devo to examine how content I am with my life.  It pointed out if I ever thought I have a want and didn't get it fulfilled, it is because I didn't need it.  

I thought - what about this?  There were times when I needed help and there wasn't any.  Of course He put the brakes on that thought.  I did have help.  I could have utilized this help more.  In fact, my refusal to utilized this help probably hindered the growth of my helper as a leader.  I know God will complete the work in His own way, but I could have stepped aside so this person could have stepped up.


So OK, I get the point.  And it's amazing how my joy level returned resting in God does give me all I need.  


But back to the challenge, I started a list of my needs: God, love, strength, healing, food, shelter, companionship, contentment, protection, forgiveness, wisdom, knowledge....etc.  The list could go on and on.


I was going to match each need with a verse.  Such as:
Love:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


Protection:
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”Joshua 1:9


But then I started to say, what if there's a better verse (LOL on the contentment!).  And there is a better verse.  Two verses (at least what God lead me to) in fact.


His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3

There it is.  His diving power has given us everything we need for a godly life.  I can rest in that verse.  He has given me everything I need to be who He wants me to be in Jesus.



This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.  1 John 5:14-15


That last part.  We know that we HAVE what we asked of him.  If I ask anything according to His will - and the closer I am to Him the more I ask for things in His will - I not only receive it, but I HAVE it, as I already possess it.  


These two verses fill me to overflowing.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...