Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MTC Session 3 and 4

During session 3, God was speaking to me and many levels.  Some of the following is not from the Made to Crave book. 


I can't, God can - no matter what I set my mind to do.  I will always fail.  God will not!


I want my life to be defined by my obedience to God, nothing else (weight, size, possessions, etc.)  This change in thinking was tremendous for me.  I didn't get the first time around in this study.  Now when the junk starts entering my head, I can compare to how I am obedient and know whether I'm truly failing or succeeding.  If I am failing, I know what I need to do to get back into fellowship with my God, back into obedience.  That is the only thing that matters, really.  From my obedience, I can fulfill all those things I love (spending time with my family, service) and those things I don't (cleaning the litter box or middle of the night sickness.)


That even though I'm having a lot of muscle pain, I can move (which WILL help) in that pain to glorify God.


That I need to consider my motives.  This clicked for some reason.  It's like a duh? moment.  It's so reasonable, but I didn't do it.  This made to really look at why I stopped eating sweets.  Why I'm using the computer, TV, books I read, in all that I do in obedience.  Is it for me or something else?  For if I don't know why I'm doing something, shouldn't I give it more thought?


Lastly for session 3, I need to bring my mind, body and spirit into communion.  The verse says Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  Matthew 22:37.  I found that I would two of these things in communion, working together for my good.  However, I need to have all three working together.  I need to work my body so that it improves and maintains health, but does not zap all my energy for my mind.  That I don't devote so much time to my health and entertaining my mind that I do not feed my spirit food (scripture, prayer).  


For session 4, I also read excerpt from the new Made to Crave for Young Women book.  I think a statement in this this summed up session 4.  "Seeking legitimate things illegitimate ways."  This session is on replacing lies with truth.  It again encouraged me to keep memorizing scripture.  What I want is legitimate, but am I seeking the right way to get there or am I seeking the easy route.  What would happen if Jesus did this?  Satan tempted Him to be the king over all the nations, if only He bow down to satan.  It is legitimate  outcome, but Jesus did not take the easy - wrong way.  He went through the cross to get there and brought me with Him.  For that, I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...