Wednesday, October 2, 2013

1 Peter 1:7 Refined Faith

So that [the genuineness] of your faith may be tested, [your faith] which is infinitely more precious than the perishable gold which is tested and purified by fire. [This proving of your faith is intended] to redound to [your] praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One) is revealed. 1 Peter 1:7

Redound - add to, accrue; to have an effect 

1 Peter 1:6 verse spoke about test (from outside of me) and trials (from within me) are proving my faith and growing it in all areas.  Gold is considered precious, but it is perishable - not like the value of my faith, which is imperishable.  Gold is refined by fire.  My precious faith needs refined as well.  Refined faith redounds my praise for Jesus.  My faith adds to His glory and honor.  Of course it is only by the Holy Spirit my faith can grow - all of it gifts from God.  

Where do I need to change my attitude about trials and temptation?  What areas am I complaining about?  When do I become impatient?  Allow those times of conviction on my attitude become time of praise for the great work God is doing within me.  The more I turn from complaining and impatience the easier it will become.  I hope one day I will be patient first, I will not complain.  I so look forward to that day Lord!  Let it begin today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...