Monday, October 14, 2013

1 Peter 1:17 Stranger

 And if you call upon Him as [your] Father Who judges each one impartially according to what he does, [then] you should conduct yourselves with true reverence throughout the time of your temporary residence [on the earth, whether long or short]. 1 Peter 1:17

1.  God judges impartially.  He has no favorites.  He doesn't compare us with each other.  He judges the times we did and shouldn't have and the times we should have and didn't.  He is just.

I will be judged for what I do and don't do - only me.  

2.  NIV says as you are strangers here.  This weighed on my heart last week.  All the reverence I lived in last spring has disappeared.  How easily a bad attitude moves in where you aren't noticing.

This is not my home.  This is not where I'll find comfort.  Fix my eyes - heart - life on the Father who will bring me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...