Wednesday, October 16, 2013

1 Peter 1:18-19 The Ultimate Obedience

You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold, But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot. 1 Peter 1:18-19

It is on me to recognize my redemption and ransom bought with the price of the blood of Jesus.
     -- Man's natural way is useless - fruitless.
     -- It is only through the Holy Spirit that I can live in the fruit of the Spirit - it is my choice.

The precious blood of the lamb - there is power, power, holy working power - this hymn comes to me from verse 19.  He was a perfect man, no sin, no temptation overcame Him.  And for they joy of completing His Father's work He obeyed.  Precious indeed.

What temptation am I giving into?  What fruitless acts are consuming my time?  Where do I need to submit in obedience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...