Monday, April 30, 2012

PC Talk April 30

PC Talk- Points of Conviction that Holy Spirit breezes in my soul.


Today it was in 1 Peter.


3:9  Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 

That little bit -  repay evil with blessing - struck me.  Usually I would avoid evil (usually in the form of conflict, bad moods, poor attitude, etc.).  But this does not say to avoid evil when it comes my way.  It says to repay with a blessing.  It means I need to respond and respond to the person that is inflicting evil on me with blessing.  God, I can only do this through you.


4:9  Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.

 Without grumbling - I usually do fine when I'm out in the world.  I hold it it though.  When I come home I often unload all the stored up grumbling.  And God pointed out an instance this weekend when I did that.  I even allowed "I deserve" thoughts into my head about food.  I repented and He was faithful to bring scripture to me in how I needed to turn to Him amidst the issues and not store up.  I wasn't very hospitable to my husband, grumbling how I suffered at the local pizza place for kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...