Thursday, April 26, 2012

MTC Session 1 and 2

My life group for Made to Crave is coming to a close.  Over the next few weeks I'll write insights I received from this study the second time around.


Session 1:
It was during this session, along with my other Bible study and church messages that I felt the Holy Spirit's conviction to start memorizing scripture.  Do to some health issues over the past two weeks, I've not done so well.  I plan to get a new verse to focus on soon.   


Session 2:
It was during this session that God revealed that my no sweets way of eating wasn't temporary.  Until I live in a different culture, that is the way I need to live right now.  With access to sweets on every corner and lurking in over half the grocery store, I just need to abstain completely.  And I'm Ok with that.  It reminded me of 


No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11


My righteousness and peace is coming through by the self sacrifice endurance of discipline to move from a place of self-reliance to God-reliance.  That the blessings of God are abundant to those who follow His ways.


In all this, I draw closer to my Father.  I know Him and my love for Him is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...