Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A heart prepared part 1


But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8


God has directed my steps.  Laid out a path for me, even showing several steps that might happen.  He’s given me a goal. 

Looking back, I am in awe of how He prepared me.  Last fall I struggled greatly with shepherding a small group of women.  I felt like a failure to myself, the organization I was serving, to the women in my group and mostly to God.  That I just couldn’t do what I felt certain God asked me to do.

I couldn’t control the response of others in that situation, no matter what I tried to do.  I had to let it go that the women I guided chose not to go into depth with their Bible lesson and that I couldn’t make them have a desire to share.  When I let it go, striving to do what God gave me and trust Him to work in their hearts, amazing changes happened.  It wasn’t majorly different, but I could see glimpses of those truly seeking and wanting to share what they found. 

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.  Ephesians 3:20-21

In my study of Hebrews, I drew out that I am to point to Jesus.  That if someone doesn’t know Jesus personally, that is where I start, for without faith in Jesus and the Holy Spirit revelation, we can’t discuss further mysteries of God.

To start this year, my church did a sermon series on Acts.  We heard about what the young church did and laid out how we can follow Acts 1:8 for our life mission.  I also agreed to lead a small life this spring.  I really wanted to do another life group as well, but couldn’t since they were to same time.  God’s hand was there for I couldn’t do that life group, work part time and continue shepherding the women I do. 

It was mentioned at church that there’s plans to start another ministry service, this was set up to promo the other life group I wanted to take.  For some reason I didn’t give it much thought.

I tucked it away for later, which I'm doing with this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...