Monday, September 23, 2013

Anniversary Weekend

How wonderful a weekend.  My husband and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary today.  We were able to get away to a B & B this weekend to the town in which we met.  It was great to return, to see what has changed in the 11 years it's been since we left. 

The B & B was wonderful.  A house built in 1886 the has the first indoor bathroom for the town.  I'm sad to say that I took my camera and didn't take one picture.  What I do know is we must do it again. 

My girl got to spend her first weekend at Grandma's.  That went well.  Up until this point, she hasn't spend for than one night away from us.  At church with Grandma, she was inspired to write a few things down - while she listened.  I'll post those excellent jewels when I get a chance to scan them in.

It was great to spend time with just the hubs, to connect and not have someone ask you to do something for them.  So thankful that God put this man in my life that we could go through time together.  It's been a blessing to grow towards God together.  To know that when the lie pops into my head that I won't endure to see something through - I have 10 years to prove I can.  I would marry him all over again!

Then Sunday morning he said those sweet words that cause me to go week in the knees, "Hey we could go through IKEA on our way to pick up our girl."

Um, yes please.  We picked out a wardrobe to go into our bedroom, however, the box is to long to find in our vehicle.  That is part of the reason I hadn't planned a trip over to buy anything.  I'm wanting a friend with a truck to go so I could tag along.  If not Grandma might be able to get it in her vehicle if all the seat are folded down.

And the best part, I'm starting a series on 1 Peter.  I'll walk through verse by verse and post what some of the verses spoke to me and how to apply the truth to our lives.

Happy Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...