Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lack of Prayer



My heart ached.  I have planned to go to camp with my daughter for the third year in a row.  I had organized my role to allow for my limits with my leg.  I had prepped myself for the less than comfortable bed, less sleep and squealing girls.  It would have been a blast!

The schedule didn’t work for enough kids to go.  Camp – CANCELLED.  Oh, the fun – gone.  Then it hit me, I had prepped so much to go that I didn’t pray to it to happen, didn’t pray for the children who would attend and the seeds that would be planted in their hearts.  I didn’t pray for the leaders, the organizers – any of it.  I just expected it would happen!

That hit me like a ton of bricks.  What else am I just expecting to happen?  What else am I not laying in Father’s hands?  What am I taking for granted?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...