Monday, November 26, 2012

Spirit prayer

So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding.  1 Cor. 14:15

I studied a little bit on praying in the spirit versus praying with my words and thoughts.  In the example 1 Corinthian 14, praying in the spirit is praying in tongues.

To be honest, I've tried the pray in tongues, however, I'm to conscious of what I'm doing.  I just can't get into it.  I know a lot of people are on both sides of the fence with this topic and this post isn't about that.  I can only go with what scripture tells me.  Speaking in tongues is a gift.  It is not one I'm blessed with right now.

But does that mean my spirit doesn't pray?  I don't think so.  No where does it say the spirit only prays in tongues.  Then God revealed Himself to me on this issue.

While I was struggling with doubt and had my focus wrong, my spirit was in prayer for me.  I was off inside, but I sought God, continued to study His word and do what He led me to do.  Out of that obedience, I now have revelation. 

Revelation is so awesome.  To come to a new understanding that I didn't possess before.  Looking back I can tell that to spirit was in prayer for me.  Once I released some of the junk in my head and faithfully showed obedience, things fell into place.  Something I listened three times now sinks in.  My mind is now in a place to hear and understand what the spirit has prayed for me to get.

Only when I gave up myself.  Only when I kept my focus on God.  Only when I allowed Him to prioritize my days.  It all worked out.

Although I said I didn't have time to write, God has opened the door back up for me to write.  He created a few pockets of time and gave me the revelation on what to write.  I was obedient to push pause, now He says go, so I stopped and now I go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...