Thursday, December 27, 2012

Year end review

Review the post from January goals. 

Books I plan to read to help me grow:
Parenting:
Parenting Beyond Your Capacity - read, but not as good as I had hoped.
Resolution for Women - only read half, plan to read the next half in the next year.
Writing:
Guys Like Girls Named Jennie - thought this would be a good book, sorry to say it was not.  Could not make it past the first chapter, so I could have missed stuff.  Didn't like that it was an old book with a new name, I felt slighted on that.
Biography:
Working It Out - awesome book that helped me see God in new way.
Let's Roll - Didn't get to read, but will move over to next years list.  It is purchased - which is a step closer.


For someone who found it rough to read non-fiction, these books and many other's that I did read has helped me progress reading non-fiction. 

Learn to sew a dress, bean bag chairs, skirt and American Girl clothing.  I made the chair, and AG clothes- who knew the dress would be for AG dolls. 


 
 



Finish editing my book and send to agents. - God called me to other things.

Create my own version of drift wood stars found on The Homemade Home via Completely Coastal.  Prepped and no execution, maybe I don't want to make these now...

Learn to make more casseroles like this Creamy Ham and Potato Casserole from Scattered Mom. I’d like to be able to make more freezer meals beyond lasagna so I have more options on those hectic days or to give to a friend in need.  Total fail, casseroles are not my thing.  Will keep trying recipes.

Mostly, I expect 2012 will be a year of Joy. God has delivered me in the past few weeks to not focus on circumstance, to focus on Jesus. In doing that, I have found joy. Putting the smile of faith and the Joy will come.

...Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:30-31

J-Jesus first

O-Other’s second
Y-Yourself next
 
This year was full of joy - when I wasn't messing with my own head.  What stood out more than anything is Faithfulness.  God wanted me to display faithfulness in my walk with Him.  He's enabled me to make great strides toward this.  My pastor's words still stick in my head, "Would you go into business with someone who would quit in two weeks?  Would God?" 
 
Hmmm, I'll have to write more on that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...