Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My Big Flaw Part 2

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.  Galatians 6:1

To elaborate more on the last post, I struggled over being the reason someone was withdrawing from a part of God in her life (not sure the extent).  I cried and mourned for her.  Satan used it to spur doubt over my current calling.  My God has revealed much over the past week.

1.  My comments - unknowingly- were just the straw on the camel's back - it wasn't the sole reason (why flatter myself).  That this sweet lady has other issues He is working in her.

2.  That in my new ministry I may say the wrong thing.  I will undoubtedly fail at some point.  I need to trust Him through the whole process.  I fail when I don't make Him the center.  Trust God for the change in me that He has planned.  Trust for the work He has me to do.

3.  Trust that although the work will be personal, I need His perspective on things.  As God is working on a heart, that heart may rebel and I may be the one who take the second most brunt of it (for God always receives the bigger offense).  I am called to be slow to be offended, quick to forgive and focus on the issue.  Not dwell on the past or what should have been, but to in love get to work with how things are right now.

4.  To know when I fail, I can be the Christ like example.  To be humble, ask for forgiveness and seek to restore the relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...