Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Look at the weeds!

“Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, some multiplying thirty, some sixty, some a hundred times.” Mark 4:3-8

I'm listening to a sermon series on Mark 4.  I had to come clean and be true to my actual position when it comes to the various places the seed is growing, meaning where I am.  For in other versions of the Bible, I learned the seed is the same, where it falls depends on how it grows.  The seed is God of course.  The soil is us.  

Are you stubborn and hard, not letting the seed even grow?  Are you not spending enough time with God that when the harsh circumstances come along the seed withers (not going deep in your relationship with God)?  Are you among the thorns, although you are growing, you are distracted by the weeds of the world?  Are you good soil?  How do you move from producing 30 x to 100 x?

In looking at these questions, I striped away all the "what the world should see" and came face to face with me, growing among the weeds.  It is hard to come forth and admit that I have an issue.  Of course my past post would indicate that.  God is tugging on my heart to get me to see.  

It's my lack of focus.  It's waking up and decided to not do what is schedule and do what I want to do - which isn't productive based on God standards.  It is another place where I compromise.  It's keeping from being fruitful for my God. 

So, how do I get out of the weeds.  How do I make the move to the good soil?  Be mindful of what goes in my head.  Stop thinking of me and what I want and think more about God and what He wants.  I have my gardening gloves on and I'm ready to change.  God will lead me to that change. 

Just tonight, I just didn't want to do what I had planned.  My mind just wasn't in a place to pay attention to get into what was planned.  My mind went over all the things I could do tonight.  Thankfully the Spirit breezed through to stop me.

I had to submit.  God, whatever you will have me do, regardless of how I "FEEL."  I'm quite tired of getting to the point where how "I feel" dictates what "I do".  And to follow that up, I asked that He enable me with the gumption to DO what He will have me do.  

So I'm here, writing.  It wasn't what I planned and that's OK.  It's what He wanted and it's wonderful.

God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...