Monday, June 30, 2014

First Things First

I've been thinking a lot about priorities.  The book I'm reading speaks on the topic - I'll write a book review soon.


First, take a look at what I focus on the most...My mind says this, this and this are a priority, but does my actions align?

If those two don't align, how do I get there?  One step at a time, right?  Currently, my garden needs weeding.  Because the pain in my body has receded, I didn't want to aggravate anything.  I decided that I'll spend 10 to 20 minutes a day over the next week to get it back in shape (I have a small 12 x 5 garden, it shouldn't take that much!)  I've started to do that with the clutter in the main part of the house - put things away and be on top of my daughter to do the same.  The most important part is follow through.  This means I need to be aware of what I'm doing and what needs done.  I need to prioritize my time.

I read this quote:
Set priorities for your goals.  A major part of successful living lies in the ability to put first things first.  Indeed, the reason most major goals are not achieved is that we spend our time doing second things first -- Author Unknown.

There was a time in my life that this was 100% true.  Now it's not so much, however there's always room for improvement - such as garden time!

I don't want to come to the end of my life completing only seconds.  I want to finish those major goals.  I ready to do what I can for my health and pain.  I made some tough decisions and I'm sticking to it.  I've allowed myself rest and pushed through to do rehap exercises.

I recognized obstacles will come.  I have an enemy that wants to see me fail, to be ineffective in ministry.  However, my eyes will stay focused on my Savior.  My God will come through.  I will endure until the end.  I will take each step needed (in God's timing!)  I won't take any step alone, the Spirit is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think, please share in the conversation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...